LINGAP-Canada strives to engage with the public to share knowledge through our various activities. The Upcoming Activities section below lists all the events you can take part in.
LINGAP-Canada strives to engage with the public to share knowledge through our various activities.
The Past Events section below lists a number of events LINGAP-Canada has held to raise awareness on important issues.
- RSVP ClosedSat, Mar 26ZoomJOIN US TO HELP END RACIAL DISCRIMINATION! Everyone is invited to join our online forum on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination in Canada
- RSVP ClosedTue, Sept 21Zoom Webinar (Online Forum)LINGAP-Canada presents the International Day of Peace CONCERT featuring songs and music to build a Culture of Peace. The concert will be followed by an ONLINE FORUM with panelist from Canada and the Philippines. This event is supported by the Alberta Culture Days Program, Government of Alberta.
- RSVP ClosedFri, Aug 27Online EventLiving Book is a webinar series featuring stories and conversations on the lives of Filipinos and Filipino-Canadians. This August, we feature Dr. Gerardo C. Maxino, an academic, a social justice worker, and a senior citizen from Dumaguete, the capital city of Negros Oriental.
- RSVP ClosedSun, Jun 27Zoom WebinarLIVING BOOK is a series featuring stories and conversations on aspects of the lives of Filipino-Canadians. In recognition of Philippine Heritage Month, we feature Karina Zapata, a promising young journalist born and raised in Calgary and recipient of a 2021 Joan Donaldson CBC News Scholarship.
- RSVP ClosedSat, Jun 05Zoom WebinarEvery year since 1974, World Environment Day is celebrated by millions on the 5th of June to encourage worldwide awareness and action for the protection of the environment and address the environmental crisis that threatens the survival of humanity and mother Earth.
- RSVP ClosedSun, Apr 25Zoom WebinarLIVING BOOK is a webinar series featuring stories & conversations on the lives of Filipino-Canadians. This month we feature Tala Kamea Berkes, a promising artist who has found music & fashion inspirational mediums for revisiting her roots, promoting the arts, while engaging in social responsibility.
- RSVP ClosedSun, Mar 21Zoom WebinarA VIRTUAL FORUM on the theme of Understanding Racial Discrimination, Promoting Anti-Racism: Reflections on Experiences in Canada, USA & the Philippines & United Nations’ measures
- RSVP ClosedThu, Dec 10Zoom WebinarJoin LINGAP-Canada in a virtual ZOOM ceremony on December 10th to where participants can give a 1 to 1.5 minute statement in support of the fulfillment or protection of human rights (civil, political, economic, social or cultural)!
- RSVP ClosedSat, Nov 21Zoom WebinarLIVING BOOK is a webinar series featuring stories and conversations on aspects of the lives of Filipino-Canadians. We are pleased JonJon Rivero can join us to discuss his documentary: BALIKBAYAN: A Filipino Canadian's Life-Long Journey of Service & Self-Discovery
- RSVP ClosedSat, Oct 24Zoom WebinarLIVING BOOK is a webinar series featuring stories and conversations on aspects of the lives of Filipino-Canadians and families who have settled or grown up in Alberta or other parts of Canada. We are very pleased and honoured to present our first “Living Book” Kristina de Guzman.
- RSVP ClosedSat, Sept 05Zoom WebinarPanelists Chibu Lagman, Lucenia Ortiz, Noreen Berkes, & Toh Swee-Hin, discuss the COVID-19 situation in the Philippines; challenges facing frontline workers; problems experienced by displaced OFWs; and strategies used by other countries.